Milton/Ulladulla VIEW Club was formed in 1991.
Currently, the Club sponsors four Smith Family Learning for Life students and is actively involved in fundraising activities to raise donations for The Smith Family programs.
We are always open to new members, so please get in touch today and come and see what it's all about.
- Meeting Day on 4th Thursday of the month, with the exception of December.
- Commencing 11am for 11.30am at the Milton Ulladulla ExServos, Function Room.
President: Denise 02 4454 5299
Secretary: Sue 02 4455 3624
Web: Sonia 0429 602 984
Member’s apologies for luncheon meetings must be made before 9am on the Wednesday prior to the meeting, to Denise on 02 44545299. Members are on a permanent booking list, therefore automatically booked for lunch each month. If you can't attend, please contact Denise as above.
Keep up to date with what is happening around the clubs.
- Monday 26th November, Clyde River VIEW Christmas luncheon; 11.00am Catalina Club $35.00;
- Wednesday 28th November, NG03 Christmas at Merimbula RSL Club; 10.30am; $30.00;
- Wednesday 5th December, The TenOrZ Tenors at the Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre; 11.00am, $20.00;
- Friday 7th December, Sussex South VIEW Christmas luncheon; 10.30am Sussex Bowling Club $25.00;
- Monday 10th December, Mollymook VIEW Christmas luncheon,; 10.30am at Mollymook Bowling Club;
- Thursday 24th January, Luncheon meeting with AGM and guest speaker Eleanor Drury on Kokoda Trail;
- Wednesday 20th March; excursion toSydney, Capitol Theatre, for Charlie and The Chocolate Factory;
- Wednesday 7th August, excursion to Sydney Lyric Theatre, for Muriel’s Wedding, TICKETS LIMITED, please see Lorraine.
This meeting was well attended, with members enjoying the presentation by guest speakers, Nick and Lorraine Cauchi of NC Services, who enlightened us on both the benefits and pitfalls of the National Broadband Network (NBN). Nick explained that current technology being rolled out in our district is 1991 technology, so already out of date, however within the next 5-6 years all copper cables are expected to be replaced by fibre optic cables which should vastly improve our services.
Lorraine and Nick with Denise (centre)
Bunnings community officer, Kay was a wonderful guest speaker. Bunnings contribute significantly to the local community, supporting many local community organisations in numerous ways, tailoring their assistance to the individual organisation, such as:
- Sausage sizzle facilities allowing local groups/organisations to fund raise;
- Facilities for cake stalls for Red Cross Big Bake and RSPCA;
- Allowing in store table displays for clubs/organisations to show their wares;
- Supported the local Robotic Team with a car wash facility to fund raise;
- Donations of cooking equipment to SES;
- Contributions to the RFS during the recent fires;
- Painting of the Community Resources Centre reception area; and
- Much more…
During June, twenty-six members and friends enjoyed a wonderful High Tea, at Jeni Wilkins house. As can be seen by the photos, many rose to the occasion, dressing in movie, cartoon or song title characters. It is sincere thanks to Jeni for opening her home.
Guest speaker, Jessica Bricklebank, an Exercise Physiologist from Grand Pacific Health, put approximately 40 members and guests, through their paces, during the May meeting. We learnt that many useful exercises can be done in conjunction with everyday activities. Jessica outlined several issues to be aware of for the prevention of falls; foremost is that of balance and strength.
Jessica explained that through exercise, and lifestyle modification, many chronic, and complex illnesses such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, back pain, osteoporosis, and arthritis, can be better managed. Jessica was an enlightening and entertaining guest speaker, providing all present with very useful and educational information.
Physical in May
Also, during May a number of our members visited Sussex Inlet Day VIEW Club to help celebrated their 40th Birthday.
Approximately 40 members and guests, enjoyed a wonderful day celebrating our Club’s 27th birthday. Many members embraced the theme The Great Gatsby dressing in the style of the day, and The Shoalhaven Performance Troupe provided some splendid entertainment.
Among the April birthday girls was Sharon Steptoe who celebrated being 90 years young in April.
Special birthday girl Sharon, assists Cherrie and Denise to cut the cake
Milton Ulladulla VIEW Club’s January luncheon meeting which incorporated the AGM, was held on Thursday 25 January at the Milton Ulladulla ExServos Function room. The AGM was presided over by Past Zone Councillor NG02 Glennis Beauchamp, who duly installed the new committee for 2018, being President Denise; Vice President and Program Officer Lynda, Secretary Sue; Assistant Secretary Maureen; Treasurer Jan; Assistant Treasurer Lynne; Delegate Jeni; Welfare Officer Wendy; and Publicity Officer Sonia.
2017 was another successful year for Milton Ulladulla VIEW; as well as supporting our four Learning For Life Students, the Club again donated significant funds to the Smith Family’s Book and Toy Appeal. Membership in excess of 50 was maintained throughout the year.
Milton Ulladulla VIEW Club’s Christmas luncheon meeting/party celebrations was held on Thursday 23 November at the Milton Ulladulla ExServos Function room. Some fifty members and guests enjoyed a great day of fun, laughter and gaiety, which was combined with good food and wonderful entertainment.
The eagerly awaited performance of the VIEW Tops was enhanced this year with the addition of a beautiful young singer, Katie Marle, who is a relative of President Denise; these performances were a great hit, and enjoyed by all.
Katie performing her solo
Finale for the VIEW Tops and Katie
2019 International Women’s Day Luncheon - Wollongong
Save the Date for your International Women's Day Luncheon in Wollongong.Read more...
2018 Area NM Gala
Area NM held their Gala in September at Sawtell Golf Club with 100 VIEW members and friends. The theme for the day was "An Elegant Affair" and the attendees each received an elegant clutch purse which were beautifully crafted by members from Coffs City Evening VIEW Club, Coffs Harbour Day VIEW Club and Woolgoolga Day VIEW Club.Read more...
Blue Illusion Shopping Day Announced
Your Invitation to Blue Illusion National Shopping Day and Styling Workshop on Thursday 1 November 2018 in support of The Smith Family and VIEW Clubs.Read more...