Mosman VIEW Club was formed in 2019.
Club members are actively involved in fundraising activities to raise donations for The Smith Family programs, currently sponsoring two Learning for Life students.
We are always open to new members, so please get in touch today and come and see what it's all about.
- Meeting Day on 3rd Friday each month
- at Mosman Art Gallery
- 1.30 pm for 2.00 pm
Dian - 0407 921 787
Keep up to date with what is happening around the club.
Our current activities include:
- Art Adventures – visit galleries and exhibitions – using art to take care of ourselves
- Book Club – a ”not so serious” Book Group that meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 3pm to chat and share and feel no obligation to have finished the book as friendship and camaraderie is paramount
- Coffee and Tea Morning – get-togethers on the fourth Friday of the month from 10:30am to 12:00pm to socialise and chat
- Day Trips – enjoy a social outing with a group – next one being Riverboat Postman cruise on the Hawksbury River
- Lunches – local venues with good food and enjoyable company on the first Thursday of the month
Speakers for 2022 Meetings
- Members have enjoyed some very interesting and engaging speakers and look forward to those still to come
- February Meeting – Ron Ray from the Maritime Museum gave a talk on the Japanese Midget Subs in Sydney Harbour in 1942
- March Meeting – Anne Holmes from the Smith Family gave a talk on mentoring Learning for Life Students
- April Meeting – Sandra Berrick, a member of the Club, guided members on a tour of the current Mosman Art Society Exhibition
- May Meeting - Kiersten Jones from Your Side gave a talk on the Care Gateway
- June Meeting - Susie Solomon and Sandra Berrick will give a presentation of Ikebana (Japanese Art of Flower Arrangement)
- July Meeting - Cindy Davies, author, will give a talk on her book “The Afghan Wife”
- August Meeting - Olivier Strobel from the Mosman Community Centre will present an “Insight into Mosman Community Centre”
- September Meeting - Ray Rees will give a talk on the Sydney Heritage Fleet
- October Meeting - John Dansie from the Mosman Heritage Society will give a talk on Mosman Local History
Monthly Lunch – May 2022
Being Creative in 2021
Our members enjoyed getting involved by Being Creative, using art to take care of ourselves; a program which was run by Sandra Berrick.
Members enjoyed listening to Sir William Hesseltine, who gave a fascinating glimpse of his time as secretary to the Queen.
We also look forward to an upcoming talk by Jane Eales, author of Secrets, Spies and Spotted Dogs. The book is an autobiographical account of her life after discovering that her mother was a spy.
Photo above of members creative skills
Christmas Cheer at Mosman
Members recently enjoyed a lovely evening of Christmas celebrations; now looking forward to 2021
VIEW has returned to Mosman. Mosman VIEW Club held their Inauguration Function on Friday 18 October 2019 at the Boronia House, Mosman.
VIEW National Convention 2021 has been postponed
VIEW National Convention has been postponed to September 2022.Read more...
The Smith Family Dream Run with Sylvania
In June 2021, The Smith Family’s fundraiser fitness challenge, “Dream Run”, is being taken up by Ann-Maree Holmes and Margaret Packwood of Sylvania VIEW Club. Their team name is “Sylvania VIEW Club”.Read more...
Her Excellency Mrs Linda Hurley becomes VIEW’s very first Patron
VIEW Clubs of Australia (VIEW) is delighted to announce Her Excellency Mrs Linda Hurley as the organisation’s first ever Patron.Read more...