Mosman VIEW Club was formed in 2019.
Club members are actively involved in fundraising activities to raise donations for The Smith Family programs, currently sponsoring two Learning for Life students.
We are always open to new members, so please get in touch today and come and see what it's all about.
- Meeting Day on 3rd Friday each month
- at Mosman Art Gallery
- 1.30 pm for 2.00 pm
Dian - 0407 921 787
Keep up to date with what is happening around the club.
Our current activities include:
- Art Adventures – visit galleries and exhibitions – using art to take care of ourselves
- Book Club – a ”not so serious” Book Group that meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 3pm to chat and share and feel no obligation to have finished the book as friendship and camaraderie is paramount
- Coffee and Tea Morning – get-togethers on the fourth Friday of the month from 10:30am to 12:00pm to socialise and chat
- Day Trips – enjoy a social outing with a group – next one being Riverboat Postman cruise on the Hawksbury River
- Lunches – local venues with good food and enjoyable company on the first Thursday of the month
Speakers for 2022 Meetings
- Members have enjoyed some very interesting and engaging speakers and look forward to those still to come
- February Meeting – Ron Ray from the Maritime Museum gave a talk on the Japanese Midget Subs in Sydney Harbour in 1942
- March Meeting – Anne Holmes from the Smith Family gave a talk on mentoring Learning for Life Students
- April Meeting – Sandra Berrick, a member of the Club, guided members on a tour of the current Mosman Art Society Exhibition
- May Meeting - Kiersten Jones from Your Side gave a talk on the Care Gateway
- June Meeting - Susie Solomon and Sandra Berrick will give a presentation of Ikebana (Japanese Art of Flower Arrangement)
- July Meeting - Cindy Davies, author, will give a talk on her book “The Afghan Wife”
- August Meeting - Olivier Strobel from the Mosman Community Centre will present an “Insight into Mosman Community Centre”
- September Meeting - Ray Rees will give a talk on the Sydney Heritage Fleet
- October Meeting - John Dansie from the Mosman Heritage Society will give a talk on Mosman Local History
Monthly Lunch – May 2022
Being Creative in 2021
Our members enjoyed getting involved by Being Creative, using art to take care of ourselves; a program which was run by Sandra Berrick.
Members enjoyed listening to Sir William Hesseltine, who gave a fascinating glimpse of his time as secretary to the Queen.
We also look forward to an upcoming talk by Jane Eales, author of Secrets, Spies and Spotted Dogs. The book is an autobiographical account of her life after discovering that her mother was a spy.
Photo above of members creative skills
Christmas Cheer at Mosman
Members recently enjoyed a lovely evening of Christmas celebrations; now looking forward to 2021
VIEW has returned to Mosman. Mosman VIEW Club held their Inauguration Function on Friday 18 October 2019 at the Boronia House, Mosman.
NH01 Walk with VIEW
NH01 Zone Conference held on 28th October 2018 at Eat Your Greens Function Centre Eugowra was attended by 45 members from all clubs across the zone. The balloons in the photo represent the 22 Learning for Life students sponsored across the clubs in the zone.Read more...
Bunnings Coffs Harbour May 2019
Bunning’s made the generous offer to host VIEW stalls across the country. Four Clubs in Area NM Zone 02 – Bonville-Boambee, Coffs Harbour Day, Korora, Woolgoolga Day took part. A VIEW Certificate of Appreciation was presented to Tahini, Bunnings Coffs Harbour’s Activities Organiser.Read more...
2019 International Women's Day Area NI01
Eighty seven (87) members and guests from the Werris Creek, Coonabarabran, Gunnedah day and evening, Tamworth day and evening clubs, and Manilla, met at the Werris Creek Golf Club. Aboriginal, Elder Aunty Yvonne, gave the Welcome to Country. Photo above depicts Members showing the Balance signRead more...